Business Focused. Community Minded. Future Driven.
Drives delivery vehicle to customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom to load or unload material. Driver will operate either a articulating drywall boom truck or straight truck which requires a Class B CDL, or a stick crane attached to a road tractor which requires a Class A CDL.
* Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
* Calculates boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and machine will not be damaged. Ensures load is not over weight limits and adheres to DOT regulations.
* Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
* Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
* Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
* Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A or B CDL license, and a boom/crane operator license. A minimum of two (2) years of driving experience and prior boom/crane experience.
Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification • Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks • Good verbal and written communication skills • Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs • Excellent customer service skills • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment • Ability to read and understand machine and equipment diagrams and system schematics • Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
o The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
o Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
o Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Apply online at https://www.bldr.com/jobs