Do you want a professional leadership position with great people, great food, and work life balance? We are seeking an experienced General Manager to grow with us! We currently work with 30+ Local Producers to bring high quality goods to the community, in turn strengthening the local economy. This leadership position is part of our Management Team, along with the Board of Directors.
Ticonderoga Natural Foods Co-op was started in 2015. Since moving to its new location at 109 Montcalm, in the historic downtown district, it has experienced three straight years of 50% revenue growth. We are a young Coop (under $0.5M/yr) looking for an individual who shares our vision for a sustainable business practice and commitment to increasing our impact on the local foods movement and supporting our community.
TICONDEROGA NATURAL FOODS COOP
GENERAL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The General Manager (GM) will report to, be supervised by, and will serve at the discretion of the Ticonderoga Natural Foods Coop (TNFC)’s Board of Directors, (BOD). The GM will perform the duties outlined below and any other as may be assigned by the BOD from time to time. The Manager shall act as a community liaison and advocate for the Coop’s Mission (as defined in the by-laws)
The General Manager shall be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Coop, which shall include, but not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining relationships primarily with local markets, vendors, producers, and wholesale distributors. In addition, outside contractors, other businesses, and government agencies.
- Receiving shipments and maintaining accurate inventory in the Point of Sale system
- Stocking shelves, freezers, and coolers with products as necessary
- Check out customers at the register
- Overseeing the maintenance, cleanliness, security, and safety of the store grounds
- Maintaining the store’s high standard for customer service
The General Manager shall be responsible for the following financial operations:
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of store operations including but not necessarily limited to the accounts on margins, sales, spoilage, amount of inventory, and required repairs to the BOD.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate opening and closing of the cash register and ensuring daily deposits.
- Working within financial means to provide affordable prices to our customers
- Maintain good records and work with the Treasurer to pay vendors and expenses in a timely fashion
- Order inventory that conforms to our Mission and has the greatest potential for profit and turn over.
The General Manager shall be responsible for managing employees and volunteers:
- Recruiting, hiring, training and promoting employees
- Scheduling hours of coverage for the store by employees and volunteers
- Discipline and/or terminate employees if necessary, with BOD assistance
- Train volunteers on store procedures and tasks for the retail store environment, events, and/or marketing
- Help build the volunteer base and efficiently schedule and utilize volunteers
- Develop a work environment that ensures a fair distribution of work while maintaining high standards
The General Manager will be responsible for Marketing and Merchandising:
- Presenting the store in an inviting manner
- Development of purchasing and pricing guidelines
- Presenting promotions, displays and signage
- Newsletter, advertising, and other communications to promote awareness of Coop structure, products, workshops and services
- Coordinating with local newspapers
- Represent TNFC in local committees, such as Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce (TACC)
The General Manager shall assist the Board with:
- Assessing capital needs and report those needs to the BOD.
- Presenting clear and timely reports, concerns and proposals
- Following up on BOD concerns by accomplishing tasks assigned by the Board
- Work closely with the BOD to sustain a long- term vision for the Coop
The General Manager will provide leadership for the Coop through good communication, good business relationships, and good public relations.
Compensation: $30,000 - $40,000, Depending on Experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)