Business Focused. Community Minded. Future Driven.
The cook is primarily responsible for the successful production food items served in the Dining Room and maintenance of kitchen area. The cook should also possess the necessary skills to follow basic direction and to communicate with fellow team members.
The Cook must possess sound organizational skills, have the ability to multi-task, practice good time management, understand customer service principles, work well under pressure, and be able to meet deadlines.
The Cook must possess the knowledge necessary to follow recipes. The Cook must be able to take constructive criticism and follow verbal (as well as written) instruction. Sound reading, writing, and mathematic skills, will be utilized when preparing and converting recipes.
• Prepare and cook food items using recipes that have been given by the kitchen manager.
• Ensure that food is prepared properly, and served (as per NYS Health Dept. regulations), good tasting, and distributed in a professional and efficient manner.
• Model and maintain a positive, professional, and customer service oriented attitude and environment at all times with the end result of recruitment and retention of campers, customers and staff.
• Keep the kitchen, dining room, dish room, loading dock, coolers ,freezers and dry goods storage areas clean and organized. This includes properly distributing orders that are being received for the day.
• Report all accidents and incidents involving self, participants, guests and other employees.
• Being a member of a TEAM focused workplace.
• Maintaining good personal hygiene and personal sanitation.
Click here for more job information!
Monday through Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (April through October)
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (November through March)
9:00 AM – Noon Saturdays, Memorial Day through Labor Day