Business Focused. Community Minded. Future Driven.
The function of the grounds person is to maintain the general appearance of the campus.
Two years experience in grounds work required. The individual must have a working knowledge of all types of grounds equipment. In addition, the person should have, or receive instruction in the servicing of this equipment and the Silver Bay vehicles. The ability to read and write English and interpret oral and written information and data is required. A high school degree or equivalent is required. Must be in good physical health, be able to climb stairs, ladders, etc. and perform other manual tasks as required. Must be able to lift at least seventy-five pounds and have no previous back problems. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of employment.
• Under the direction of the Facilities Director and Head Groundskeeper this individual will do the work necessary to keep the campus in good condition both appearance wise and from a safety stand point year round.
• Operate and help with maintenance of grounds including but not limited to: trucks, lawn mowers, weed whackers, chain saw, log splitter, snow blower, snow plow etc.
• Collect trash and recycling from all buildings as regularly scheduled.
• Must be able to work weekends and come in early during the week when bad weather (snow) or program needs arise.
• Work as a member of the maintenance team in completing any other tasks as assigned by the Facilities Director.
• As a 24-hour operation all staff may be asked to work weekend, evening or night shifts and/or holidays in order to serve our members, guests, and program participants
Click here for more job information!
Monday through Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (April through October)
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (November through March)
9:00 AM – Noon Saturdays, Memorial Day through Labor Day